Qatar has established electronic systems to manage the population database and facilitate procedures related to residence permits through the Qatar e-services portal. One such important procedure is changing employer or sponsor which requires a sponsorship transfer through the MOI’s online immigration system.
Changing employer or sponsor is possible through a sponsorship transfer as long as certain Employment regulations and worker conditions are met. Below are the steps to be followed:
Step 1: Access the MOLSL Website
- To access the MOLSL website, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- In your web browser’s address bar, enter the official website URL for the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MOLSL). The URL may be provided on official government websites or through reliable sources.
- Look for the login or access portal on the website, often located prominently on the homepage.
- For login, you will be required to provide your Qatari ID (QID) number, which is your unique identification number issued in Qatar. Ensure that you enter this number accurately to avoid any authentication issues.
- You will also need to input your registered mobile number. This mobile number will be used for identity verification and communication purposes throughout the process.
By logging in with your QID and mobile number, you are confirming your identity with the MOLSL’s electronic system, allowing you to proceed with the employer change or other employment-related services. Always be cautious about protecting your personal information during this process.
Step 2: Access the “Employer Change/Leave Country, Worker Notice E-Service” Form
- Once you have successfully logged in to the MOLSL website using your Qatari ID (QID) and mobile number, you will be directed to the portal’s main dashboard.
- To initiate the process of changing your employer or work status, navigate to the relevant service. Look for a section or tab labelled “Employer Change/Leave Country, Worker Notice E-Service.” This section can typically be found in the menu or on the homepage.
- In this section, you will find a link or button that allows you to access the electronic service form for changing your employer or notifying the authorities about your intention to leave the country.
- Click on this link or button to open the “Employer Change/Leave Country, Worker Notice E-Service” form. This form is specifically designed to collect the necessary information and documentation required for sponsorship transfer or other employment-related processes.
Accessing the correct form is a crucial step in the process, as it ensures that you are providing the right information for your specific request. Be sure to follow any on-screen instructions or prompts to navigate to the form effectively.
Step 3: Fill in the Required Information
In the “Employer Change/Leave Country, Worker Notice E-Service” form, you will encounter several sections that require specific information. It’s crucial to provide accurate and complete details as follows:
- Enter your full name exactly as it appears on your Qatari ID (QID) card.
- Input your QID number, which is a unique identification number issued to residents of Qatar.
- Provide your up-to-date contact details, including your current address, mobile phone number, and email address if required. Accurate contact information is essential for communication and notification purposes.
Current Employer’s Details:
- Enter the complete and official name of your current employer. This should match the registered company name.
- Input your current employer’s QID or other relevant identification information. This helps in identifying your current workplace accurately.
New Employer’s Details:
- Provide comprehensive information about your new employer, ensuring it aligns with your new employment contract.
- Input the official and registered name of your new employer.
- Provide the QID (if individual employer). This ensures proper verification of the new employer’s identity.
Step 4: Upload Scanned Copies
In this step, you will be asked to upload scanned copies of important documents. It is essential to have these documents prepared in advance for a smooth process:
Scanned Copy of Your QID (Qatar ID Card):
- Prepare a clear and high-quality scanned copy of your Qatar ID (QID) card. This card is a primary form of identification and proof of residence in Qatar.
- Ensure that the scanned copy is legible and that all personal details, including your name and QID number, are clearly visible.
- Save the scanned copy in a common file format such as PDF or JPEG, which is typically accepted on most e-service platforms.
Scanned Copy of Your New Employment Contract:
- You should have a valid and signed employment contract with your new employer. Ensure that the contract includes all necessary terms and conditions, such as your job position, salary, working hours, and other employment-related details.
- Scan the complete employment contract, including all pages and any attachments, to create a digital copy.
- Make sure the scanned copy is of high quality and that all text and signatures are clearly visible.
- Save this document in a supported file format (e.g., PDF, JPEG) for upload.
Before proceeding, confirm that the scanned copies are complete, free from any marks or alterations, and comply with the platform’s file size and format requirements. Accurate documentation is crucial for the authorities to verify the legitimacy of your request.
Step 5: Submit the Form
After you have provided all the required information and uploaded the necessary documents, you are ready to submit your application for the sponsorship transfer or employer change. Follow these steps to complete the submission:
- Review Your Information: Before clicking the “Submit” button, take a moment to carefully review all the information you’ve entered. Ensure that your personal details, your current employer’s information, and your new employer’s details are accurate and match your documents.
- Verify Uploaded Documents: Double-check that the scanned copies of your Qatar ID (QID) and your new employment contract are clear, complete, and correctly uploaded.
- Click “Submit”: When you are confident that all the information is accurate and that the documents are in order, click on the “Submit” button. This action formally sends your application to the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MOLSL) for processing.
Keep in mind that the processing time for these applications may vary, and it’s essential to be patient while waiting for further updates from the MOLSL. They will assess your application and inform you of the progress as it moves through the sponsorship transfer process. It is advisable to monitor your provided contact information regularly for updates or notifications from the authorities.
Step 6: Receive a Confirmation Message
After submitting the form, you will receive a confirmation message. This message will acknowledge that your application has been received and is in the process of being reviewed by the relevant authorities. The confirmation message may also include a reference number for your application, which you should keep for future reference.
Step 7: Approval from the New Employer
Your new employer will need to approve your request for the sponsorship transfer. They will review the details you provided and confirm their willingness to employ you. The new employer’s approval is a crucial step in this process.
- Communication with New Employer: After you’ve submitted your application to the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MOLSL), it will be reviewed, and the authorities may contact your new employer to verify the details provided in the application.
- Review and Verification: Your new employer will be asked to review and verify the information in the application. They will typically be contacted by MOLSL or its representatives, who will confirm their willingness to employ you as their worker.
- Consent to Sponsorship: The new employer’s approval essentially signifies their consent to become your new sponsor. By approving the request, they confirm their intention to assume sponsorship responsibilities for your employment in Qatar.
- Employment Contract Compliance: It’s important for your new employer to ensure that the terms and conditions outlined in the employment contract, such as the job position, salary, benefits, and working conditions, are in compliance with the contract you both agreed upon.
- Timeframe for Approval: The time it takes for your new employer to provide approval can vary. It is essential to maintain communication with your new employer during this stage and make sure they are aware of the importance of prompt approval to avoid any unnecessary delays in the process.
- Notification from MOLSL: Once your new employer has approved your request, they will communicate this approval to the Ministry of Labour and Social Development. You may or may not be directly involved in this communication, as it primarily involves your employer and the authorities.
- Confirmation from MOLSL: After receiving the new employer’s approval, the MOLSL will confirm the successful sponsorship transfer. This confirmation typically leads to the issuance of an official notice, which you may receive, indicating that the transfer has been approved and is now in effect.
It is crucial to maintain open and transparent communication with both your current and new employers throughout the sponsorship transfer process to ensure a smooth transition. Your new employer’s willingness to support this process is a key factor in its success, as it determines your eligibility to start working for the new employer.
Step 8: Receive Notification
Once your new employer approves your request, you will receive a notification from the Ministry of Labour and Social Development (MOLSL). This notification likely confirms the successful transfer of sponsorship.
- Notification Content: The notification you receive from MOLSL is a formal communication that confirms the successful transfer of sponsorship. It serves as an official acknowledgement of the change in your employment status and sponsorship.
- Method of Notification: The notification from MOLSL may be delivered through various means, including email, SMS, or through the electronic notification system on their website. Be sure to check all your registered contact details to ensure you receive this message promptly.
- Confirmation of the Transfer: This notification will clearly state that your request to change your employer or transfer your sponsorship has been approved. It may also provide essential details such as the effective date of the transfer and any other relevant terms.
- Reference Number: The notification might include a reference number or confirmation code, which can be used for tracking and reference in case you need to follow up on the status of your request.
- Legal Effect: Upon receiving this notification, your sponsorship transfer is legally in effect. This means you are now under the sponsorship of your new employer and can commence working for them.
- Keep Records: It is advisable to retain a copy or record of this notification for your records. It serves as official documentation of the sponsorship transfer and may be required for various administrative purposes.
Remember that the time it takes to receive this notification can vary, so be patient while waiting for it. Additionally, it is essential to read the notification carefully and take note of any specific terms or instructions provided by MOLSL to ensure a smooth transition to your new employment.
Step 9: Start Working for a New Employer
With the approval and notification in hand, you can begin working for your new employer. You have successfully changed your sponsor and can now pursue your employment with the new company. Here are some important considerations:
- Review Employment Terms: Before you begin your new job, it is advisable to thoroughly review your employment contract with your new employer. Ensure that you are familiar with your job responsibilities, salary, working hours, benefits, and any other terms and conditions outlined in the contract.
- Orientation and Onboarding: Your new employer may provide an orientation or onboarding process to help you acclimate to your new workplace. Attend any required training or orientation sessions to understand company policies and procedures.
- Compliance with Worker Conditions: Make sure you adhere to all worker conditions and employment regulations set by the Qatari government and your new employer. This includes matters related to working hours, rest days, and safety regulations.
- Notify Former Employer: Inform your former employer that you have successfully transferred your sponsorship and will no longer be working for them. Ensure a smooth transition, return any company property, and settle any outstanding matters.
- New Sponsorship Documentation: Be prepared to carry the updated documentation that reflects your new sponsorship, including your new employer’s company name and your new QID, if applicable.
- Regular Communication: Maintain open and effective communication with your new employer. If you encounter any issues or need assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to your new employer’s HR department or relevant authorities.
- Comply with Immigration Laws: Ensure that you comply with all immigration laws and regulations in Qatar, including keeping your documents up to date and renewing your residency permit as required.
By successfully navigating through the sponsorship transfer process and starting your new job with your new employer, you can look forward to a fresh employment experience in Qatar. Make sure to begin your new position with enthusiasm and a commitment to your job responsibilities to establish a positive working relationship with your new employer.
Sponsorship Transfer Fee in Qatar
The fees for transferring sponsorship in Qatar depend on whether it is for the first time, the second time, or the third time or more. The fee varies for Individuals and Companies.
- First time: QAR 1,000
- Second time: QAR 1,500
- Third time or more: QAR 2,000
- First time: QAR 2,000
- Second time: QAR 2,500
- Third time or more: QAR 3,000
In conclusion, the sponsorship transfer process in Qatar is undergoing a digital revolution, marking a significant step toward modernization and efficiency. Workers are urged to take specific preparatory measures such as cooling-off periods, settling financial obligations, and obtaining release letters, in accordance with their contractual terms and sponsorship agreements before initiating the transfer to a new employer through the online platform.
The Ministry of Interior’s digital approach aims to instill transparency and ensure that all rules and regulations are diligently followed, resulting in a smoother and more streamlined experience for foreign workers seeking employer changes in Qatar. This progressive online system not only offers convenience but also saves valuable time by reducing paperwork and eliminating the need for extensive follow-ups.